Wisconsin Dells




Mitch and I were invited by our friends the Sessions to go to the Dells this week for a little get away from Milwaukee. Wisconsin Dells is the water park capital of the world so they say, so Mitch and I were pretty excited to go. We stated at Chula Vista in a nice condo that we shared with Marianne and Schuyler and their two kiddos. Mitch and I hit all the rides of the indoor and outdoor water parks at the resort and Addie really like playing in the little kids areas and splashing in the water. She especially liked the lazy river. I sat in a tube and put her on top of my lap and Mitch would push us around and around, she would look at everything and she even held onto the black handles that were on the tube which was so adorable. I'm not sure if she did it for support or just something to hold onto. One of the rides was nicknamed the "toilet bowl" because you would go down the slide and end up in a circular bowl shaped whirlpool that would take you around and around then drop you down another tube to the bottom of the slide. They had a half pipe ride, a "bonzai" ride for those of you who rember Wet and Wild waterpark in Caldwell. (it's a slide that goes straight down. My favorite was called the cyclone that was a tube that went around and around in a tight circle, it was super fast. Mitch and I got to go by ourselves that first night while Marianne and Schuyler watched Addie. I hadn't been to a water park since high school and Mitch swears I was talking an octave higher and ten times faster than I normall do. I attributed it to how excited I was, I felt like I was 10 again, it was awesome.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

This sounds so random (because it is) but my husband and I were searching to see if the Sessions had a blog and it turns out we didn't find theirs but found that you posted about them and after perusing your blog I had to comment to say hi! We were married Dexember 2007 and had a baby girl Nov. 3rd last year.Your baby girl is gorgeous! I've never seen such beautiful eyes on a baby.
My husband graduated in biology also but at BYU-I and just started his first year of dental school at U of L. He knew Sky from school and stayed with him last fall when he interviewed in Milwaukee.
Anyways, sorry if this is so weird and random but you looked so familiar (though I'm sure I've never met you) and your life reminded me so much of mine and I felt the need to tell you:) Good luck with everything!

JoshandMegs said...

Mandy, that was such a sweet comment you left me, thank you so much, that's so nice of you. Now, if only I could pull of short hair like you!
I absoultely love Adelaids dress on your header photo. She is honestly a beautiful little girl. My sisters and I have all talked about how gorgeous her big eyes are, and how sweet she looks.
I wish our girls could play together!