It seems whenever I get ready to fold laundry Addie starts to get fussy so I decided today to let her help me and she was a little doll. I just plunked her down into the middle of the basket and she automatically went for her "softie". She cuddles with the burp rags I use for her and she sleeps with them too like a security blanket. The only things I'm wishing now is that she got attached to soemthing that wasn't so ratty and stained. Oh well. So she helped me with the laundry and we had a great time.sorry about the video I can't get it to be the right way up!!
4:47 PM | | 5 Comments
1. Where did you first meet your husband? We had an institute class together, I think it was Church History, he sat in front of me all the time.
2. How long did you date before you were married? Combined probably 15 months
3. How long have you been married? 1 Year and 3 months
4. What does he do that surprises you? Sometimes when I wake up in the morning he'll have done the dishes for me which is always wonderful, it also amazes me how incredible early he wakes up 4:00am daily!!
5. What is his best feature? I really love his squared jaw I think it makes him look very handsome
6. What is his best quality? He is very perseverant in whatever pursuit he happens to be going after, he never backs down from achieving a goal
7. Does he have a nickname for you? Mands, which I think he got from his Dad calling his mother Nanc
8. What is his favorite food? Anything I make for him, he's not very picky
9.What is his favorite sport? table tennis, just kidding he told me to write that. Any sport that gets him moving.
10. When was your first kiss? I never kissed my husband until I got married
11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? Just spend time together, we both enjoy talking with each other, he's my best friend so it's easy to talk with him
12. Do you have any children? Yes, little Adelaide she is almost 4 months old
13. Does he have any hidden talents? He can talk like Grover, can write in shorthand, and had a lovely telephone voice among other things
14. How old is he? 24
15. Who said I love you first? I'm pretty sure I did, I'm pretty sappy
16. What is his favorite music? Mo Tab
17. What do you admire most about him? I admire how dedicated he is to everything he does in life, to his family, his studies,church responsibilites,everything.
18. What is his favorite color? blue
19. Will he read this? Probably already has, he's standing over my shoulder as I type.
4:22 PM | | 2 Comments
Who needs rattles, stuffed animals and plastic toys when you have sponge curlers? I was putting my hair in curlers the other day and had a few extra, so I took out the hard plastic section and gave the soft sponges to Adelaide and she loved them. They are a perfect size for her little hand to wrap around and soft enough that they can't hurt her. They also have a different texture to them so it's fun to watch her put them to her face and mouth and feel it a little better.If Mitch or I barely touch her closed fist with the so called "squishy's" she opens up her hand and grabs for it. She's become so attentive and loves to look at new things especially herself. She discovered her own face last week in the mirror and now loves to look at herself and smile.Her Aunt Molly made her a "moo cow" blanket that has black spots on it that really catches her attention because she can see the contrast so well, I just hang it up next to her when she plays and she stares at it and coos, or Moos if you will. She also recognizes her Papa and Momma's faces and especially likes the funny voices that Mitch does, like the Cookie Monster and the Seagull's lovely singing voice from Little Mermaid! It cracks her up every time.
She went in for her two month appointment after we got back from Utah and is doing great, the cold she had upon our return has gone and her lungs sound clear. She weighed 11 lbs 10 1/2 oz which puts her in the 55th percentile along with her head circumference which is 40 cm around. She is getting really tall too, she is in the 95th percentile for length at 24 inches long!! Grow Addie, Grow Addie!!
Mitch and I love having her with us and can't wait to see how else she progresses as she gets older.
2:19 PM | | 1 Comments