"And It Shall be My Squishy"


Who needs rattles, stuffed animals and plastic toys when you have sponge curlers? I was putting my hair in curlers the other day and had a few extra, so I took out the hard plastic section and gave the soft sponges to Adelaide and she loved them. They are a perfect size for her little hand to wrap around and soft enough that they can't hurt her. They also have a different texture to them so it's fun to watch her put them to her face and mouth and feel it a little better.If Mitch or I barely touch her closed fist with the so called "squishy's" she opens up her hand and grabs for it. She's become so attentive and loves to look at new things especially herself. She discovered her own face last week in the mirror and now loves to look at herself and smile.Her Aunt Molly made her a "moo cow" blanket that has black spots on it that really catches her attention because she can see the contrast so well, I just hang it up next to her when she plays and she stares at it and coos, or Moos if you will. She also recognizes her Papa and Momma's faces and especially likes the funny voices that Mitch does, like the Cookie Monster and the Seagull's lovely singing voice from Little Mermaid! It cracks her up every time.
She went in for her two month appointment after we got back from Utah and is doing great, the cold she had upon our return has gone and her lungs sound clear. She weighed 11 lbs 10 1/2 oz which puts her in the 55th percentile along with her head circumference which is 40 cm around. She is getting really tall too, she is in the 95th percentile for length at 24 inches long!! Grow Addie, Grow Addie!!
Mitch and I love having her with us and can't wait to see how else she progresses as she gets older.

1 comments:

Necia and Joe Shumway said...

wow I can't believe she is already 2 months. Crazy! She is adorable. I love reading about her. It gets me so excited for when mine finally gets here :)