For Those of You Who Don't Know

The Wisconsin Oliver's are welcoming a new baby into our family!I am about 15 weeks along and the due date is AUGUST 29th. Although not far enough along to see what gender the baby is, we are excited to find out in about 5 weeks time. Until then I don't really like calling "it" "it" so I've started referring to him as baby "Y", because I think it's a boy and therefore he has a "Y" chromosome which leads to the name. Mitch on the other hand hasn't taken sides and to poke fun at me a little bit has started referring to him as baby "XXY", to account for if it's a girl "XX" or a boy "XY". I reminded him today that although this is a great way to condense, it also is a reference to having a baby with Klinefelter's syndrome. But any baby would be welcome in our home, so the chromosomal name is of no consequence, but I still think it's a boy.
I've felt a little more nauseous and tired and generally a little more irritable than I did with Addie, but besides that everything is great with baby and momma. Here are the pictures from the 13 week ultrasound. The first picture you can see the face, the two hemispheres of the brain, and the little lungs. The following pictures all have little explanations of what you're looking at.If you want to blow up the scrapblog pages click on the gray link in the right lower corner that says scrapblog.
Mitch and I are very excited to welcome this little kiddo and more than a little anxious as well, enjoy the first pictures of our little one.

2 comments:

JoshandMegs said...

Mandy!!! Congratulations!! Crazy surprise, I was not expecting this when I clicked on your blog:) I'm excited for you to find out what you are having! I hope you feel better soon!! Were you guys planning this one?

Cynthia said...

Hey! Congratulations!:) I was totally surprised.