Rice a la Adelaide

So about a month ago ( I know, I'm way behind on my blogging, my apologies) I was eating a banana with Addie in my arms. I had one more bite and I just happened to look over at Addie when I was opening my mouth to eat it, she was opening her mouth too! I thought to myself "Why not?" so I put it up to her lips and she started licking at it, that smart little girl! So I let her lick at it for awhile, then I thought "What if I mashed it up?" so I did and she ate the rest of it no problem. After that every time Mitch or I opened our mouths for a drink, or food, she would open her mouth too! The next week after this happened I decided to try some rice with her. I was a little hesitant at first, because I wanted to wait a little bit longer before I started her on solid foods, but I got a little excited and Addie seemed to be interested in the subject of food, so we started on the rice. Addie's Grandma and Grandpa Oliver were kind enough to give us a food mill so we ground up some rice, added some good momma juice, and away we went. She liked the rice, for the most part, it was a new experience to swallow something that wasn't pure liquid! Since then we've moved onto oatmeal which she seems to enjoy a lot better, and she's even had a tiny taste of raspeberry, (which was sour, but she kept licking) and some of momma's peas( which she didn't like at all)but we'll keep trying them another time!


3 comments:

JoshandMegs said...

it's so much fun reading about Adelaide since she and Abigail are so close in age. Abigail will be 6 months old in a couple of weeks and her doctor told me I should start her up on food...I've held out on her since I never want her to grow up, ha. Thankfully she's been nice to her mommy and been content with just nursing, but I know I need to give in and start her up soon...wish me luck! Such a cute video.

Rebecca and Ryan Withers said...

So lucky!! I can't belive how much she looks like mitch, then i am like wait she looks just like mandy, then i am like crap, i don't know..... But any who, so lucky she is starting to eat some food for ya... we have been trying with paycee for a month, she won't eat anything but her milk.... yum yum for me... i keep telling her she won't be so hungy all the time if she would just eat some food.... no matter at 6 months and 22lbs i think she is doing fine!! Congrats on the milstone to addy!!

Robyn said...

Ok, so the pictures are way cute, but your comments about them cracked me up. Love it! :)