First Day of Class

As most of you know Mitch was accepted into Marquette Dental School last fall. The two of us have been waiting out the humid summer here for the moment when he would start school and it has finally arrived. Isn't he so cute in his business casual! (It'll be another couple of weeks before they get their scrubs to wear) In comparison to some of his nephews school pictures that we've had sent to us and seen he's not as adorable but still handsome on his first day of school. All he needs now is a school bus behind him. Mitch was inducted into the school of dentistry last week during the White Coat Ceremony where he took an oath to uphold ethical standards and humane responsibilities along with 79 of his classmates. 9 out of these including Mitch are LDS and he's gotten to know all of them and a lot of his other classmates as well. Mitch is the only student from Utah State but he's so bubbbly that he makes friends easily.






Here he is receiving his white coat and officially becoming a dental professional.

THE DENTAL STUDENT'S OATH

"As I begin my clinical education for the profession of Dentistry, I pledge the following:

To uphold the highest standards of professionalism by demonstrating compassion, empathy, and sound judgement in the treatment of my patients and in my interactions with colleagues. I will remember that I am working with human beings first and foremost.

To demonstrate excellent leadership through my interactions with my patients, my fellow students, and my community. I will gracefully accept leadership opportunities presented to me.

To uphold the highest of prefessional ethics by doing what is right and just in my interactions with patients, classmates, and the community at large. I will remember that dental education and the practice of dentistry is a privelege and not an entitlement.

My dedication to this education and career will be exemplified in my commitment to learning all that I can, treating my patients with kindness, and always maintaining honor and integrity.

I promise to maintain the dignity of this profession by promoting the principles of patient autonomy, nonmaleficence, beneficence, justice and veracity.

All this I pledge with pride as I pursue the education that will lead to the honor of entering into the profession of dentistry."

1 comments:

Matt and Christy said...

O memories...
The white truck, the first day of dental school, Marquette. Good luck!
-Christy