After Christmas, Christmas Crafts

Today I hit all the after Christmas Holiday clearance sales and got some smokin' bonuses.I went to Wal- Mart with the intention of only getting some holiday colored totes to keep all the winter decor in, but everything holiday was 75% off so I had to take a gander. I got two 20in wreaths for 50 cents! 6 green place mats for 75cents each, a gravy boat that matches my dishes for 1.25, and a matching huge oval platter for the same price! I also got a set of 4 dinner plates, 4 salad plates and 4 bowls that match my other china for only 3.00 dollars!Well when I got home I was putting all the Christmas stuff away and was reorganizing it all when I came upon the fake Christmas tree that I had found on the side of the curb last year, that had unfortunately been broken. Well all the branches were still good, so I decided to make door swags out of them to be used next year, so I went to Joanne's and got two 24 count sets of jingle bells for 5.00 dollars each originally 14.99 and some cute garland with jingle bells to match that can go on our tree, if we ever get one. Well on the way home, I thought that I should stop by Steins to see what they had left over and this is where I found the goods! four cute ornaments to go on the swags for only 2.19 each marked down from 9.00 and a 11 piece nativity set for only 7.49!!Well when I got home I got to work putting together all the swags and I used one of the 24 sets of jingle bells to make ornaments to go on the tree. So now I have ribbon on the swags that match the ribbon on the stockings that I made, which I will hopefully have enough of to wrap around the tree too and to use on the tree skirt which I have still to make, so that all that will match, then on the large swag is the set of jingle bells which will match the jingle bell ornaments I made and will match the garland that I got too and it's all matchy, matchy, which is good right? of course right.


2 comments:

Matt and Christy said...

nice job! you are very crafty!

Robyn said...

So cute! I love getting the after Christmas deals. This year when I was unpacking our Christmas stuff I found several things I had purchased last year after Christmas but had forgotten about. Gotta love the deals! :)