Trash to Treasure

So coming home from the grocery store I had stopped at Lloyd St., at which I would usually turn right to come home, when I look up and see what looks like a white headboard sitting on the curb across the street. It wasn't big enough to be a full sized head board but I thought I better investigate and lo and behold, it was a toddler bed! Let me tell you the Lord provides! I have a twin size bed that I got for way cheap at a garage sale during the summer, but that would be too big for Addie to use for at least another year or two, and even then I'd be afraid of her falling off and hurting herself, so this bed came as a blessing. The only downside was that one side of the frame was cracked in half! Luckily all the hardware was there and although the previous owners had tried to fix it with what looks like electrical tape, the faulty fix job had obviously not lasted the treacheries of a toddler. But I thought to myself, it wouldn't be too hard to replace that side board and save this piece of furniture from the landfill heap it was bound for. My project for today was therefore to fix the injured toddler bed and it turned out great and at a nice price too. I looked up the similar style of bed on K-mart.com and it sold for 78 dollars! I got the piece of wood for 5 bucks and with a little elbow grease finished it all up by dinner time, accept for the paint! It pays to turn trash into treasure!


3 comments:

Robyn said...

Mandy, you are too cute! :)

Suzi said...

That is amazing! I bought a bed just like it off craigs list but paid $40. Way to go!

Rebecca and Ryan Withers said...

That is awsome!! Wish i had your carft style!! i would have never thought of that!! You go Girl!!